- Lingotot was established in the UK in 2010 by Angela Sterling, fully qualified teacher whose GCSE students ranked in the top 10 in the world, she also worked for Newcastle and Southampton universities researching language acquisition at different ages. When she first founded the company, Angela wanted to give children the opportunity to experience and explore new languages and cultures while reaping the all-round benefits of language-learning on their way to global citizenship.
- Since the BBC attended Angela’s first ever class, the business has seen rapid growth and we now teach around 20,000 children per week via our network of over 50 franchisees who are achieving the level of flexibility and success that they want.
- We recognise that the ongoing success of our franchise network requires continuous support and we are dedicated to supporting and encouraging our franchisees.
- Our first Irish franchise opened in South Dublin in May 2018 and currently teaches in community classes as well as primary after-school clubs.
Lingotot is proud to teach our multi award-winning language classes to thousands of children each and every week. The Lingotot method makes use of active, communicative and interactive teaching methods which come naturally to young learners. Learning is through songs, stories, games, drama and play. When you join the Lingotot family you enter a friendly and professional network from a range of different backgrounds who all share a common purpose: Making language learning child’s play.
Why Choose Lingotot?
- Complete Flexibility: Choose your own languages, classes, work patterns and even if you want to teach at all! - Mornings can include classes in the community or nurseries. Afternoons, language classes in after-school clubs or other group sessions.
- Low start-up costs: Classes are run in nurseries, schools and the community, no large expense required on setting up dedicated premises. The only large investment required is the initial franchise fee of €14,500 (+VAT).
- Fast Growing Brand Renowned for Quality: We are proud to be a member of the British Franchise Association (BFA). Lingotot is the only children’s language franchise to offer teaching qualifications for staff accredited by NCFE Cache in addition to qualifications for our children.
- Excellent Training and Support: Franchisees also benefit from a Franchise Business Qualification and further certificates in safeguarding, data protection, first aid etc. Some training is online, and you will attend an intensive business training weekend. This is followed with regular 1:1 mentoring and 3 months of handholding. Behind the scenes we operate our award-winning intranet, LingoHub. LingoHub provides access to all back office functions from class booking to financial data. All further training is free and includes mentoring, personalised reports, weekly training via webinar and much more!
- Multi-Language Support: Full support for 8 languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Mandarin, Arabic and Welsh.
- Proven Track Record: Lingotot first started to franchise in 2011 with the launch of its first pilot units. The company released franchises UK-wide in 2012 and now boasts a network of over 50 franchisees which directly employ a further 80 teachers. The first Irish franchise launched in South Dublin in 2018.
- Growing Focus by parents and the Government: The benefits to children of the early learning of languages is being increasingly recognised by both parents and the UK and Irish Governments.
- Sustainable business model: Some studies show that franchises have a success rate of approximately 90 percent as compared to only about 15 percent for businesses that are started from the ground up.
- Variety of income streams: Including baby groups, pre-school classes, extra-curricular clubs, holiday camps, Generations classes in care homes, LingoStars drama, LingoChoir, LingoChat courses for adults and additional revenue through product sales.
- Family owned business: We are invested in your success as the brand is very close to our hearts and your success is our success. We genuinely call ourselves The Lingotot Family!
Loans offered by Microfinance Ireland (includes a three month break on repayments).
- Loans from €5,000 – €25,000
- Supports the set-up and early stage phase of a new business up to 18 months
- 3 year max term
- First 3 months – Interest Only payments
- No fees/no hidden costs /fixed repayments
- Free Mentoring – up to 5 sessions via the Local Enterprise Office
What Are The Requirements To Become A Franchisee?
- The main requirement for becoming a Lingotot Franchisee is that you have a passion for teaching children languages. We focus more on recruiting the right people rather than those with specific skills or experience.
- Being multilingual is an advantage but not a requirement, if your language skills are a bit rusty, we have a LingoBoost programme to polish them up. Some of our franchisees do not speak any other languages themselves and rely on tutors to teach the lessons.
- Previous teaching experience is an advantage but not required. We provide accredited teacher training.
- No previous business experience required; we provide full support.
Ready To Start Your Journey With Lingotot?
There is obviously so much more to tell you about the opportunity to run a Lingotot Franchise, please fill in your details below and we will send our franchise information brochure through to you.
Consett-based languages business, Lingotot, has been working to develop a new qualification, the Award in Business Franchising.
With lockdown restrictions likely to tighten and relax over the coming months in Ireland, it is a stark reality that large numbers of people are unsure of what the future holds for them, with many still unable to go back to work.
As businesses face an unprecedented challenge this year due to Covid-19, national education franchise, Lingotot, is delighted to have their hard work recognised across a number of business awards.
Lingotot was brought over to Ireland from the UK by Dublin-based entrepreneur Sofia Colás in 2018. Sofia founded Lingotot South Dublin, and also became the master franchise partner and Director of Lingotot Ireland.
Lingotot was first established in Ireland in 2018 by entrepreneur Sofia Colás, the master franchise partner and Director of Lingotot Ireland. Recently, Lingotot Ireland has expanded their network to welcome Vicky Pan and Wayne Griffin as the founders of Lingotot East Galway.
Lingotot Success Stories
“I have been a Lingotot Franchisee for 6 years and it has been the best decision of my life! Work-life balance now restored, ultimate job satisfaction and continuing to grow! Love it!”
Michelle Marsland, Lingotot Tyne and Wear
“I love Lingotot because the programme is absolutely brilliant. The fact it teaches all children from birth is great!”
Jennie Barnet, Lingotot Franchisee
“I love being part of the Lingotot family. I started as a tutor then I couldn’t help myself but to buy not 1 but 2 territories to form Lingotot Bexley. I love my job as a Lingotot franchisee as I can make my own destiny, choose my hours, choose schools and nurseries and areas I want to target and take real ownership of my career. HQ has been hugely supportive to me since the start, and it’s great to know that our lesson plans are all written by Angela, a world class teacher in her own right.”
Sarah Canavan, Lingotot Bexley
“I have been a franchisee of Lingotot since 2012 and love running Lingotot Teesside. I have had lots of support from HQ and Angela the M.D. is very caring and thoughtful. My business has gone from strength to strength and we now teach in lots of schools and nurseries in Teesside as well as running community classes. I have 4 tutors who work for me who also love their jobs. If you are thinking of a language teaching franchise you can’t go wrong by choosing Lingotot”
Abigail Curtis, Lingotot Teesside
“I absolutely love being a Lingotot franchisee, I get so much support and love from other franchisees and HQ, nothing is ever too much trouble! I am working in schools and running successful clubs and sessions at nurseries and after school. This is my full time career now and I wouldn’t do anything else. I was named finalist at 2 awards (one national) within my first year and I couldn’t have done any of this without the support of the whole HQ team and other franchisees.”
Sara Barrett, Lingotot Maidstone
"I've been a franchisee in South Dublin since May 2018 and I couldn't be happier teaching in primary after-school clubs and community centres. After a long stint in the corporate world, followed by a career break to raise a family, I've finally found a fulfilling role for myself, doing something I absolutely love and which really does work around family life - rather than just claiming to. My decision to take on the franchise was an easy one, based on Lingotot's reputation reflected in the world class and accredited lesson plans, the phenomenal support from the HQ team and the fact that since day one I felt part of an extended family. "
Sofia Colás, Lingotot South Dublin
I have always had a passion for teaching foreign languages and when I discovered Lingotot by searching the website and came across this franchise, it ticked a lot of boxes for me. Lingotot is just perfect for me. Apart from working in education in the week and having the flexibility in my current job, I can definitely fit Lingotot in my daily life. This can be by carrying out classes at Primary Schools, nurseries & the community. Now that online classes are offered, I will be able to work from home more and to include them in the weekends too.
Angela is fabulous. She has created a wonderful brand and cares deeply about it, and about her entire Lingotot family. She takes time for every franchisee, spends hours answering our questions, supporting us and giving us the best offering. During lockdown she has been amazing. Overnight we had new operations guidance to follow, she started creating online resources to accompany our Zoom classes and was constantly updating us on the latest government changes. I am so glad to be part of Lingotot through this pandemic as Angela has kept us going, kept our spirits high. All in all, an incredibly supportive franchisor.”
videoNovember 08, 2019 02:27 PM
0:00 / 0:00
Do I Need to be a Teacher
Angela Sterling, Lingotot MD, explains the teaching roles at Lingotot.
videoNovember 08, 2019 02:28 PM
0:00 / 0:00
Introduction to Lingotot
Lingotot teaches languages to children aged 0-12.
videoNovember 08, 2019 02:30 PM
0:00 / 0:00
Qualities of a Franchisee
Angela Sterling, Lingotot MD, explains the qualities needed to be a franchisee.