- Lingotot was established in the UK in 2010 by Angela Sterling, a fully qualified languages head teacher who worked for Newcastle and Southampton universities researching language acquisition at different ages. When she first founded the company, Angela wanted to give children the opportunity to experience and explore new languages and cultures while reaping the all-round benefits of language-learning on their way to global citizenship.
- Since the BBC attended Angela’s first ever class, the business has seen rapid growth and we now teach around 20,000 children per week via our network of over 50 franchisees who are achieving the level of flexibility and success that they want.
- We recognise that the ongoing success of our franchise network requires continuous support and we are dedicated to supporting and encouraging our franchisees.
- Our first Irish franchise opened in South Dublin in May 2018, and currently teaches in community classes as well as primary after-school clubs.
Our ApproachLingotot is proud to teach our multi award-winning language classes to thousands of children each and every week. The Lingotot method makes use of active, communicative and interactive language acquisition teaching methods which come naturally to young learners. Learning is through songs, stories, games, drama and play. When you join the Lingotot family you enter a friendly and professional network from a range of different backgrounds who all share a common purpose: Making language learning child’s play.
Why Choose Lingotot?
- Complete Flexibility: Choose your own languages, classes, work patterns and even if you want to teach at all! - Mornings can include classes in the community or nurseries. Afternoons, language classes in after-school clubs or other group sessions.
- Low start-up costs: Lingotot is a mobile business so classes are run in nurseries, schools and the community, no large expense required on setting up dedicated premises. The only large investment required is the initial franchise fee of €14,500 (+VAT).
- Fast Growing Brand Renowned for Quality: We are proud to be a member of the British Franchise Association (BFA) and Irish Franchise Association (IFA) . Lingotot is the only children’s language franchise to offer teaching qualifications for staff accredited by NCFE Cache in addition to qualifications for our children.
- Excellent Training and Support: Franchisees also benefit from a Franchise Business Qualification and further certificates in safeguarding, data protection, first aid etc. Some training is online, and you will attend an intensive business training weekend. This is followed with regular 1:1 mentoring and 3 months of handholding. Behind the scenes we operate our award-winning intranet, LingoHub. LingoHub provides access to all back office functions from class booking to financial data. All further training is free and includes mentoring, personalised reports, monthly training via webinar and much more!
- Multi-Language Support: Full support for 8 languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Mandarin, Arabic & Irish.
- Award winning curriculum : With over 2,500 lesson plans at hand, spanning all age groups and varying ability levels, Lingotot is able to instil a love of languages in children whilst enabling progress and competence in reading, listening, oral and written comprehension. For the older age groups our classes boost their confidence by giving them a head start in their language learning experience in secondary school .
- Proven Track Record: Lingotot first started to franchise in 2011 with the launch of its first pilot units. The company released franchises UK-wide in 2012 and now boasts a network of over 50 franchisees which directly employ a further 80 teachers. The first Irish franchise launched in South Dublin in 2018 and has added a further 5 units since then.
- Growing Focus by Parents and the Government: The benefits to children of the early learning of languages is being increasingly recognised by both parents and the Irish Government. Lingotot is currently languages facilitator in a number of primary schools granted the 8 week ' Languages Sampler Module’. This initiative by the Department of Education, organised by Post Primary Languages Ireland, gives pupils an early experience of a foreign language and further expands their awareness of the diverse languages and cultures. Lingotot is a specialist provider of a skill set parents increasingly recognise as key for their social and cultural awareness as well as academic achievements. The ‘growth mindset’ of children learning languages has spill-over benefits for their wider education.
- Sustainable business model: Some studies show that franchises have a success rate of approximately 90 percent as compared to only about 15 percent for businesses that are started from the ground up.
- Variety of income streams: Including baby groups, pre-school classes, extra-curricular clubs, holiday camps, Generations classes in care homes, LingoStars drama, online classes, LingoChoir, LingoChat courses for adults.
- Family owned business: We are invested in your success as the brand is very close to our hearts and your success is our success. We genuinely call ourselves The Lingotot Family!
What do I get for my investment?Each franchisee is awarded an exclusive and protected territory. Lingotot offers a strong mentoring programme not only at the initial stages of training but throughout the 5 year term. The dedicated HQ team is available to the network full time for administrative, education, marketing and operational support.
Initial training includes an intensive 3 day programme in Dublin introducing all aspects of the operations manual, aiding new franchisees with their business plans, marketing strategies, teaching certifications and business launches if needed.
Other benefits include:
- Responsive helpdesk
- Ongoing CPD opportunities and monthly network webinars
- Facebook business page
- On-going local support
- Design of localised marketing material for all income streams
- Access to detailed operational manuals
Ready to start your Lingotot journey?
There is obviously so much more to tell you about the opportunity to run a Lingotot Franchise, please fill in your details below and we will send our franchise information brochure through to you.
Lingotot is set to host a second cost free online Christmas festival! You can join them on Friday 9th December for a Christmas themed day of live classes in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Mandarin and Welsh.
The BFA HSBC Franchise Awards are back for 2022! Dubbed ‘The Oscars’ of the franchising world, these prestigious awards recognise the very best of the franchising industry.
Lingotot was first established in Ireland in 2018 by entrepreneur Sofia Colás, the master franchise partner and Director of Lingotot Ireland. Recently, Lingotot Ireland has expanded their network to welcome Vicky Pan and Wayne Griffin as the founders of Lingotot East Galway.
Lingotot was brought over to Ireland from the UK by Dublin-based entrepreneur Sofia Colás in 2018. Sofia founded Lingotot South Dublin, and also became the master franchise partner and Director of Lingotot Ireland.
As businesses face an unprecedented challenge this year due to Covid-19, national education franchise, Lingotot, is delighted to have their hard work recognised across a number of business awards.
With lockdown restrictions likely to tighten and relax over the coming months in Ireland, it is a stark reality that large numbers of people are unsure of what the future holds for them, with many still unable to go back to work.
Lingotot Success Stories
After a long search for new business opportunities, I came across Lingotot in a franchise trade online publication and it immediately caught my eye. I delved into the company in a lot of detail, its incredible founder Angela Sterling and the also fabulous Master Franchisor in Ireland, Sofia Colas, and I thought ‘I like what I am seeing’…two ladies with incredible backgrounds growing a business that brings together the languages I love and the challenge of owning my own business. I had to give it a go. Once I had an opportunity to meet Sofia and have detailed conversations about the business, it struck me the enthusiasm she transmitted for the business, for Angela and the rest of the franchisees. Also, as Sofia had a solid corporate background behind her, I knew I was in great company to grow my business with her. I knew I was onto a winner… The more I learn the more I realise what a great quality product, ethos and company I am privileged to be part of. One of things that appealed to me was the feeling that I could contribute to a little person’s development and growth in a way I had not experienced in the past.
Angela is fabulous. She has created a wonderful brand and cares deeply about it, and about her entire Lingotot family. She takes time for every franchisee, spends hours answering our questions, supporting us and giving us the best offering. During lockdown she has been amazing. Overnight we had new operations guidance to follow, she started creating online resources to accompany our Zoom classes and was constantly updating us on the latest government changes. I am so glad to be part of Lingotot through this pandemic as Angela has kept us going, kept our spirits high. All in all, an incredibly supportive franchisor.”
I have always had a passion for teaching foreign languages and when I discovered Lingotot by searching the website and came across this franchise, it ticked a lot of boxes for me. Lingotot is just perfect for me. Apart from working in education in the week and having the flexibility in my current job, I can definitely fit Lingotot in my daily life. This can be by carrying out classes at Primary Schools, nurseries & the community. Now that online classes are offered, I will be able to work from home more and to include them in the weekends too.
"I've been a franchisee in South Dublin since May 2018 and I couldn't be happier teaching in primary after-school clubs and community centres. After a long stint in the corporate world, followed by a career break to raise a family, I've finally found a fulfilling role for myself, doing something I absolutely love and which really does work around family life - rather than just claiming to. My decision to take on the franchise was an easy one, based on Lingotot's reputation reflected in the world class and accredited lesson plans, the phenomenal support from the HQ team and the fact that since day one I felt part of an extended family. "
Sofia Colás, Lingotot South Dublin
“I absolutely love being a Lingotot franchisee, I get so much support and love from other franchisees and HQ, nothing is ever too much trouble! I am working in schools and running successful clubs and sessions at nurseries and after school. This is my full time career now and I wouldn’t do anything else. I was named finalist at 2 awards (one national) within my first year and I couldn’t have done any of this without the support of the whole HQ team and other franchisees.”
Sara Barrett, Lingotot Maidstone
“I have been a franchisee of Lingotot since 2012 and love running Lingotot Teesside. I have had lots of support from HQ and Angela the M.D. is very caring and thoughtful. My business has gone from strength to strength and we now teach in lots of schools and nurseries in Teesside as well as running community classes. I have 4 tutors who work for me who also love their jobs. If you are thinking of a language teaching franchise you can’t go wrong by choosing Lingotot”
Abigail Curtis, Lingotot Teesside
“I love being part of the Lingotot family. I started as a tutor then I couldn’t help myself but to buy not 1 but 2 territories to form Lingotot Bexley. I love my job as a Lingotot franchisee as I can make my own destiny, choose my hours, choose schools and nurseries and areas I want to target and take real ownership of my career. HQ has been hugely supportive to me since the start, and it’s great to know that our lesson plans are all written by Angela, a world class teacher in her own right.”
Sarah Canavan, Lingotot Bexley
“I love Lingotot because the programme is absolutely brilliant. The fact it teaches all children from birth is great!”
Jennie Barnet, Lingotot Franchisee
“I have been a Lingotot Franchisee for 6 years and it has been the best decision of my life! Work-life balance now restored, ultimate job satisfaction and continuing to grow! Love it!”
Michelle Marsland, Lingotot Tyne and Wear
videoNovember 08, 2019 02:31 PM
0:00 / 0:00
Sarah Canavan Testimonial
Sarah Canavan gives an insight into Lingotot.
videoNovember 08, 2019 02:30 PM
0:00 / 0:00
Qualities of a Franchisee
Angela Sterling, Lingotot MD, explains the qualities needed to be a franchisee.
videoNovember 08, 2019 02:28 PM
0:00 / 0:00
Introduction to Lingotot
Lingotot teaches languages to children aged 0-12.