Top Franchises in Ireland Announced at the Irish Franchise Awards 2015
On Friday, 27 March at the Clyde Court Hotel in Dublin 4, the winners of the Irish Franchise Awards 2015 were announced. The awards recognise excellence in franchising and reward the outstanding achievements of businesses and individuals in the franchise industry. The Irish Franchise Awards celebrate a 20-year anniversary this year, making them one of the longest running business award ceremonies in Ireland.
230 guests attended the black-tie gala event hosted by Newstalk’s Jonathan Healy and officiated by Minister Kevin Humphreys TD. The evening was filled with anticipation as many familiar faces from the world of franchising were presented with a full programme of entertainment as they waited for the final results to be announced and bespoke crystal awards to be presented.
- Franchise of the Year (Retail) – The ZipYard. This is Ireland's only clothing alterations and restyling franchise.
- Franchise of the Year (Service) – Home Instead.
- Franchising Woman of the Year – Allison McGinley of TaxAssist Accountants. Senior positions in her industry are in the main dominated by men. This is one of the reasons why Alison stands out. A graduate of Trinity College Dublin, she held roles in Google Ireland and several marketing agencies before launching the TaxAssist franchise along with her fellow directors onto the Irish market in 2009.
- Outstanding Contribution to Franchising in Ireland – Subway.
- Best Franchise System and Business Practice – Chem-Dry Ireland. This franchisor’s contribution to improving their operations manual was so strong that it was adopted for use worldwide.
- Excellence in Innovation – O’Briens Sandwich Bars.
- Best Newcomer – thebestof.
- Best Emerging Franchise – Sásta.
- Outstanding Contribution to Employment in Ireland – Fastway Couriers.
- Best Marketing Campaign – Supermacs.
- Outstanding Growth Award – Apache Pizza.
- Best Indigenous Irish Franchise – Eddie Rockets.
- Franchisee of the Year (Retail) – Amir Afsar with McDonalds.
- Franchisee of the Year (Service) – Conor Smith of SNAP Sandyford.
- Best Irish Franchise Trading – Butlers Chocolate Café.
The judging panel for the 2015 Irish Franchise Awards included Newstalk Business Presenter and former Irish Dragon Bobby Kerr; and Elaine O Regan of the Sunday Business Post. Speaking on the night, Bobby Kerr commended the very high standard of the entries and presentations received and remarked on the huge numbers employed in Ireland through the various franchise systems.
David Killeen, Chairman of the Irish Franchise Association, said “The awards are an opportunity for us to formally recognise and celebrate the excellent work being done by all franchise operators in growing our sector, consolidating existing businesses and protecting sustainable jobs. On behalf of the Association I would like to congratulate all entrants and winners."
Courtesy of the Franchise Association of Ireland.