Kumon Ireland - Dublin Franchise Opportunity Overview
What a Kumon Franchise Can Offer
- Franchise opportunities available in various Dublin locations
- An established and successful business model with over 60 years of experience. We currently have over 3.5 million Kumon students in more than 50 countries.
- A competitively priced franchise entry fee of just €3,000, plus the opportunity to receive financial support of up to €30,000 for high-potential locations, subject to criteria.
- Excellent initial and ongoing development training in the Kumon Method and materials
- Marketing and Business compliance training
- Ongoing Instructional and business support from your Area Manager
- A flexible work-life balance that you control
The Kumon programme started in Japan in 1954 when the founder, Toru Kumon, helped his child foster a mindset of self-learning. From these humble beginnings the Kumon programme has grown to become the world’s largest provider of supplementary maths & English education.
The Kumon franchise is a worksheet study based business that offers the Kumon Maths and English Programmes to children of all ages and abilities. Learning is offered both from a Kumon Study Centre and through online learning together with homework study. As a Kumon franchisee, you will be the Instructor in your own Kumon maths and English study centre.
Kumon Maths and English Study CentreTo become a successful Kumon Instructor and franchisee, you must have a passion for education and for working with children and a desire to be your own boss. Previous teaching experience, whilst advantageous, is not required, as full training in the Kumon Maths and English Programmes is provided. You will also receive ongoing support in all aspects of managing your business, including marketing, communication, compliance, and finding a suitable venue for your centre.
In running your own Kumon centre, you have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children in your community. With your guidance, each of your Kumon students will develop their abilities at a pace that is just right for them, and you’ll have the reward of witnessing the results for yourself.
The Ideal Franchisee
- educated to degree level or equivalent
- proficient in maths and English
- passionate about education and helping students reach their potential
- ambitious, highly organised and a good communicator
You must also:
- have a full driving licence
- be eligible to work and establish a business in Ireland
- be based in Dublin
If you are successful through our initial assessment stages, you are invited to train with us. Our training takes place in the UK over ten days, over two, non-consecutive weeks. You will get to experience in-centre classes at our flagship, company-owned centre in London. But training doesn’t stop there! Continuous training in the unique Kumon Method is provided on a frequent basis, both online and in-person, which means our Kumon franchisees are always improving their skills and abilities.
Each Instructor is assigned a dedicated Area Manager who will work closely with you to help you build your business. You will also benefit from our maths and English specialists who will help you with any instructional queries. Our Brand Marketing team run national marketing campaigns to promote the Kumon programme and they will also work with you on your own local marketing initiatives generating customised materials to promote your centre.
The Kumon licence fee is €3000. We recommend that you budget at least an additional €3000 to cover your own marketing activity across your first 12 months and travel to UK for Instructor training. You will also need sufficient working capital to cover your business and living expenses until such a time as your business reaches and exceeds break-even point.
Like any franchised business, the whole system works because you, the franchisee, pay royalties to the franchisor (Kumon Europe & Africa Limited). All worksheets, training and support are included in your royalty payment.
Kumon Franchise Awards and Accolades
- Kumon is ranked number 27 in the 2022 Top 100Elite Franchises in UK
- Kumon is proud to be recognised as an education provider that delivers proven academic results. An independent study, conducted by the Education Policy Institute in England in 2020, found that Kumon students are over a year ahead of the national average, and over six months ahead of their like-for-like peers in maths at the end of primary school